Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taking a road less traveled...
















I decided to start a blog to preview and talk about my new lil' business I am starting up on my own. I love to create things and with recent changes in my life, going on disability for some health issues and not bringing in enough money to support my lil' family, I decided to incorporate what I love to do and try to bring in some money doing it, and with that, lazy as a daisy design was born. My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was 9 years old and I have loved it ever since. Starting with my first project was a baby blanket made of granny squares for my new baby brother or sister. Having no idea that baby was to be a boy, he received a multi colored blankie with pinks, blues, greens and yellow. Safe for any newborn to be seen in...Fast forward 20 years later and I still get help from my grandma and hope to pass on that little piece of love she gave me so long ago. I love my grandma nonnie so much and hope she is proud of me and my little creations.

I have since taught my daughter daisy (Doo) who is 10, to crochet and has become obsessed with making amigurumi style dolls. What the heck is amigurumi you ask? It is translated as, "japanese crochet dolls". Doo has created several animals in the last couple weeks. A very curious octopus, a square dude called, "dude", a petite tiger and in the making of a wiener dog, named Mr. Wienie. I hope you enjoy my blog, my photos, and a little snippet of my life. Please offer your advice, stories, memories and joy as we settle on a road less traveled..

4 comments:

  1. Those are SOOO cute! I love UM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, doo and I are thinking about making ave a dragon!! We are not there yet, but we are practicing! Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute! What a great idea!! How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah, I'm good, busy, stressed out, but living life trying to make the best of it. How are you? Thanks for stopping by my lil blog! I'm new to this and hopefully can keep it up and show some of my crochet work. I also plan to sell the stuff you see here, so let me know if you are interested in anything. I plan on getting an etsy shop but don't have the stock available yet. I hope you are doing well. Let's keep in touch~

    ReplyDelete