Thursday, March 10, 2011

gettin' out there...

just a cute pink hat I made for a customer, I love the flower in front with funky buttons! yellow headband is great to wear on a bad hair day and to keep your ears warm. Very popular! I can make it with or without a flower, or can make flower a clip on to use in other ways!
Doo and I were hammin' it up in the bathroom (has the best light!) The brown brimmed hat is so fun and easy to make! I can make in all sorts of color combos! Pattern was created by Megan published courtesy of her etsy shop "add some stitches"

I got my new business cards in the mail yesterday, I'm very excited! I have a little business card holder I crocheted and I want to put it to good use! I visited with a friend today in Newberg at a little coffee shop called Coffee Cottage. It is so cute and cozy. I have never been there before and so glad I went! I am not drinking coffee anymore and I got a mexican hot chocolate. IT was AMAZING! I didn't even miss my coffee! I wore my cute brown hat that I, yes, crocheted and got a lot of comments on it. I was able to talk about my business and give out a card. I invited the barista to check out my blog and keep in contact. I just love meeting people and sharing my work with them. It makes me happy when I can bring a little sunshine into peoples lives. And if my little stitches do that, so be it. Please enjoy more pics of my work and some new things I am trying out. Again, anything you see is for sale and just drop me an email and we can get talking on price, color size and style! xoxo aimee

3 comments:

  1. That brown hat rocks my socks!!!

    I would love one of those phone/card holders in purple or blue! You know where to collect the money from. Your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove your hat! I'm so glad the pattern worked out! That's great! It looks so nice! You did such a great job!

    Thanks for posting this!

    Megan
    www.addsomestitches.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, Why thank you so much! I got it from a talented new buddy I met! :) Thanks again! My sis in law has ordered a hat just like mine! I get so many compliments when I wear it out. I am glad you stopped by and visited. Hope you liked it! Keep in touch! I ordered a pound of Caron brown to make your hats. I have different kinds of yarn and the caron pounder is the best kind for this hat, it needs to be a little thicker, I used simply soft and it didn't work at all for this hat! So, would you suggest if I need to make it a bit smaller, I don't increase the last couple rounds or do a smaller hook? Mine has stretched a bit and I have a big head...just thinking about the more "slender" heads out there! haha, thanks megan! you're the best! Do you have a blog I can check out and link to??

    ReplyDelete