Thursday, September 22, 2011

I was yarn bombed last night!

My mom has been helping my Grandma Nonnie cleaning out her office which is also her sewing, craft, yarn stash room.  She is an amazing grandma, she can quilt, sew, knit, crochet, cross stitch...not to mention all the awesome other grandma things she does too!  My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was 9. My mom tells me that I am grandma's protege!  So, in light of them gutting grandmas room, I was delighted to see oodles of yarn dropped off to me last night! They were delivered in old grocery bags and I had no idea what I just got myself into!  So, I decided to lay everything out onto my day bed (that I use as a couch..cute idea, huh?) and see what exactly I just adopted.  And alas, here it is! In all its glory!  I got tons of all different color yarn!  My grandma loves making baby blankets so there is a lot of white, pink light green and so on.  My most prized possession I received was cotton! I got probably 2 lbs worth of worsted weight cotton in all sorts of colors. Cotton yarn is great for washcloths, headbands, purses, and bags!  Free is a good thing!  Thank you, Grandma Nonnie, I love you.  Thank you for teaching me to crochet.  xo aimee

I also found lots of patterns and 1/2 made projects that she stopped making. It's cool to see something that she started and just for some reason, didn't finish. How many of you have unfinished projects? (I do!)


What the heck am I going to do with all this teeny tiny floss/thread stuff? I have been experimenting with some making really small crochet flowers. I guess I will never ever have to buy more!


Remember I said this was a twin size day bed? So, yeah, it's a lot of yarn! Oh, that is my cat, Boo Boo. She was grumpy that the yarn is in her way..she always finds something to be grumpy about. Thanks for stopping by! xoxo aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment